Back Button

January 17, 2018

Jack R. Fairfield, Died Jan. 16, 2018



Jack R. Fairfield
Died Jan. 16, 2018

SUTTON BAY – Jack Robert Fairfield, 93, of Suttons Bay and formerly of Roseville, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018 at Tendercare of Leelanau.
Jack was born Feb. 27, 1924 in Kokomo, IN the son of Dewey and Mary Elizabeth (Hughes) Fairfield.  On Nov. 22, 1945 at the Sacred Heart Church of Roseville he married Catherine (Ringler) Fairfield, who survives.
Jack lived a full and happy life.  He was married to his beautiful wife Catherine for 72 years.  Jack served as a Machinist Mate in the U.S. Navy on the USS Ranger during World War II.  After his service he worked for the Roseville Police Department for 27 years and retired in 1979.
Jack was a permanent resident of Suttons Bay for the last 30 years, spending his winters in Florida.  Jack was an accomplished woodworker, builder, and teller of tales.  Always ready with a story or a joke, Jack brought happiness and laughter to all that met him.
Jack is survived by his wife Catherine; his four children Christine (Charles) Ginnard, Robert (Rebecca) Fairfield, Cynthia (Edwin) Reese, and Richard (Leslie) Fairfield; a sister, Patricia Garlock; nine grandchildren, and sixteen great-grandchildren. 
He was preceded in death by his parents and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 20 with the service starting at 3 p.m. at the Martinson Funeral Home of Suttons Bay.  Burial in St. Michael’s Cemetery will be announced in the spring.  Pastor Richard Fairfield will officiate.
Memorials may be directed to Wounded Warrior Project, PO Box 758516, Topeka, KS 66675-8516.
Condolences may be shared with Jack’s family below or at the funeral home Facebook page:

3 comments:

  1. Jack Fairfield was one of the greatest men I have ever known. I have known Jack since I was a kid living on Parkington St in Roseville, where he and Kay were my next door neighbors. As a young boy growing up he was a mentor to me and the reason I later also became a police officer. There were three main people who influenced my life, besides my mom. Those people were my Dad, Jack Fairfield,and Dick Scott. All three are gone now and I miss them all. I have prayed for all three of them almost every night of my adult life. God bless you Jack and thank you for who you were a true hero in my book! God bless you Kay, I know how much you will miss Jack. Ron Mac Kool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. My brother Rev. Rick Fairfield used the word hero for him theme in his eulogy. He did a fantastic job. And was truly a hero to me and my brother and sisters as well. I will pass your post along to Mom, Chris, Cindy, and Rick. It was great hearing from you.
      God Bless Bob.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:18 PM

    Thank you Ron for the kind review. He really thought a lot of you as well. You and your family, have always been a treasured family friends. God bless you and yours.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete