Back Button

September 11, 2020

Julie B. Glidden Died September 9, 2020


Julie B. Glidden

1971 ~ 2020

Julie Beatrice Glidden, 49, of Northport, passed away Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at Munson Medical Center.

Julie was born April 18, 1971 the daughter of Norman and Mary Jo (Carr) Walter.  On June 22, 1996 at the Norm and Pauline Nielsen Farm she married Tracy S. Glidden.

Julie attended Flint Central Highschool and graduated from Swartz Creek High School.  She attended the University of Michigan, Flint.  She earned a master’s degree in Art and spent a career teaching.  Julie taught at Byron Area Schools where she molded many generations of students.  A special project was to have her students design and paint individual bricks in the art room.  Over 900 students painted / decorated these bricks over her teaching years.

She was known as a kamikaze artist - Julie did not sketch nor plan her work.  She would listen to your vision of the artwork and then jump right into and before you knew it; your vision was a reality from her skilled hands.  She loved music and had an encyclopedic knowledge of all kinds of music.  No matter what type of music was playing, Julie could either sing it, would know the band, or know a trivia fact about the artist.

Julie loved to create art and could also play the piano and cello.  She loved color and the color scheme of her Up North house reflects that love with a rainbow potpourri decorating her house.  She loved gardening and knew how to attract all the butterflies.

When Julie was in a room, you knew it; her inner light lit up a room with her personality.  She had an unforgettable laugh and could put a smile on anyone’s face.  

Julie is survived by her husband of 24 years, Tracy; her parents, Norman and Mary Jo Walter; her children, Davin and Valerie Glidden; two siblings, Jennifer (Steve) Paciorka and Norman (Jessica) Walter; nephew, Ivan; and nieces, Ingrid and Alice.

Private family services have been held.

Please share condolences with Julie’s family at below or on the funeral home Facebook page:


6 comments:

  1. Julie was such a spark and so much fun to talk to. Her artistic ability was beyond amazing and her love of teaching art in Byron was evident!! She is gone way too soon and will be missed by family and friends. Fly high with the angels Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racheal Kinaitis12:29 PM

    I will never forget this beautiful soul. Mrs. Glidden was the only one out of all my school years that showed me compassion and encouragement. To stay true to myself and to find inspiration in everything. She was always smiling and spreading positive energy. I never got to thank here for everything she taught me.... and when she had been removed from byron schools it broke my heart... and I haven't seen her in years. Today i was her obituary and I souly cried that this beautiful soul had passed away. I will rejoice that she returned home but i will mourn that this world lost one of thee most beautiful souls I've ever met and the world needs more Julie's! I love you mrs. Glidden. You will never be forgotten! Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie Dunning2:37 PM

    I will never forget this amazing person. Mrs. Glidden had a very profound impact on my life and the life of so many students. I have so many treasured memories of her. Praying for her family and friends. Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world is less bright without you Julie. We will miss you dearly. See you when I get there.... If I close my eyes I can hear your voice saying back- “Later skater!”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian Hester1:22 PM

    This was the most most beautiful description of someone’s life and I wanted to share how much I feel this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly Clock9:16 PM

    I loved Julie. I had the honor of not only working with her but also being her friend while working with her at Byron Elementary. She and I had some very good times! She was so very talented too. She helped me a lot with making posters and such for my classroom. I will forever think of her with love and awe.

    ReplyDelete