Back Button

March 21, 2020

William "Bill" R. Haupricht, Died March 19, 2020


William “Bill” Haupricht
1951 - 2020

SUTTONS BAY – William R. Haupricht, 68, of Suttons Bay, passed away Thursday, March 19, 2020 at the Munson Hospice House with his family at his side.

Bill was born to Raymond W. Haupricht and Helen Jane (McCutchan) Haupricht.  He had an easy going, original and irresistible charm, with a great sense of humor and always had a good story to tell.  It was hard not to love him.

He graduated from the University of Toledo and worked for Johns Manville in Sales and Marketing for 30 years.  Bill finished his career in the fly-fishing department at Bass Pro Shop.  He loved fishing, woodworking, and his family.

You want to talk sports; he was your man.  Professional auto racing, Big Ten and Notre Dame being his favorites.  And if you want to talk politics – you’d better be Republican! 

Bill was also a long time member of the Elks and was a true Rotarian; being president of the Maumee Rotary and assistant to two district governors in N.W. Ohio.  He was proud and happy to have achieved his goal to move to Northern Michigan.

Bill is survived by his wife, Beth (Shuman-Kuebler) who will miss him daily and forever; his siblings, Julie (Joe) Ziegler and their children Matthew and Allison and Gary (Nancy) Haupricht and their son Jason.

A celebration of his life (we all have our own Billy stories), being scheduled later in the year, with hopes of an early autumn.

Please share condolences and memories with Bill’s family below:

7 comments:

  1. Beth
    I am deeply saddened by the news of Bill's passing. I have a lot of great memories of trading war stories with Bill about buying and selling at JM. I learned so much from him in those years and also enjoyed ND vs UM rivalry talks. My deepest sympathy to you and his family. I pray memories from better days comfort you now and in the days to come. Jeff Jacoby Wapakoneta Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth & family, Bill will be missed. Bill, you and I worked many years together in J-M and Rotary District 6600. He is someone you enjoyed calling friend, someone to be with and could count on in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:29 AM

    William "Bill" R. Haupricht
    Obituary Message: My Dear Beth - Even though I have lost loved ones, I don't pretend to understand the loss and loneliness you are feeling right now. I will always remember his smile, his way of telling stories and sharing his adventures. I am grateful to have had his friendship and to know the two of you together for so many years. - Love, Jamie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:30 AM

    Beth,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are so sorry for the loss of Bill. We are here if there is anything we can do. Love Gerry and Tracey Gurn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth,

    I too worked at J-M over 25 years ago and really enjoyed Bill's humor and friendship. He always seemed to life. Our prayers go out to you and his family over this loss.
    Ken Kerscher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, You and your family are in our prayers. It has been many years since we all connected, but so many good memories. May the lord be with you all and give you strength.
    Dave and Lou Ann Warner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Beth, I just found out about Bill passing away this afternoon. I was talking to Barney and he had heard. I'm so sorry. Bill was such a joy and so full of life. I will never forget when Bill and I visited you when you lived in Maumee and Bill had the set up with bleachers for his sporting events, mostly his Notre Dame football team. I loved that! He certainly had a passion for everything he did, but mostly his love of you. My deepest sympathy to you. Ruth Potter (Smith)

    ReplyDelete