Back Button

February 24, 2015

 

Thomas J. Aemmer Sr.
Died Feb. 23, 2015
 
LELAND - Thomas J Aemmer, 65, of Leland went to be with the Lord on February 23, 2015.  Tom was born May 21, 1949 in Toledo, OH to Walter and Helen (Krampf) Aemmer.  The second of four brothers, Tom moved his family to Leelanau County in 1976.
 
  Tom is survived by his loving wife of 45 years, Kathleen R. (Tamlyn) Aemmer; his brothers, Bob, David, and John; his sons, Thomas Aemmer Jr, Jason (Heather) Aemmer, and Joshua (Heather) Aemmer; six grandchildren, Thomas III, Timothy, Jacob, Nicole, Lucas, and Elijah.
 
  Tom was a skilled craftsman who was well known and beloved as a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and the Leland community.  He possessed a great gift for relating to and communicating with other people.  He would often strike up a conversation with a complete stranger that ended as if they had known each other for years.  Tom's greatest joy was spending time with his children and grandchildren.  He is now at peace with his beloved and loyal companion, Ozzy.
 
  A memorial service will be held Saturday February 28, 2015 at 11:00 am at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Leland.  The family will receive guests starting at 10:00 am with a Luncheon to follow.
 
  Memorials may be directed to the Leelanau Christian Neighbors, c/o Food Pantry, PO Box 32, Suttons Bay, MI 49682.
 
  Please share memories with Tom’s family below:


7 comments:

  1. Marcia Roby3:15 PM

    What sadness to have learned of the untimely death of our dear cousin, Tom. Beautiful to have read about his active involvement in his church & his love of the Lord & his family. Peace, comfort & heartfelt sympathy for all the family. See you on the other side, Tom! With love, Harry & Marcia (Kramp) Roby

    ReplyDelete
  2. jfcarr@nc.rr.com2:04 PM

    Dear Kathy and sons, I was so saddened to learn of Tom's passing. He was a special cousin to me. We were very close in age and always seemed to be together at family gatherings when we were young. I want you to know that you and your boys and grandchildren have been in my constant thoughts and prayers ever since I heard the sad news. I pray that you will find comfort in your memories of the life you built together. I am sending you all my love. Jack and Jean (Kramp) Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:41 AM

    In the 12-1/2 years I knew Tom while waiting on him as a customer at Northern Lumber we always had good conversations about most anything. And he always asked how my horseshoeing business was doing. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. Brian and Mary Bush

    ReplyDelete
  4. April Schwaegerle12:52 PM

    Dear Kathy & Family, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Tom passing away. I just met him last year when we purchased the Wheatley house in the neighborhood. Tom was so welcoming and informative about the history of our new home and we had some delightful conversations. I will miss having the opportunity to get to know him better. My deepest sympathies to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Hi Didn't know Tom Sr. all to well but I know his son Tom Jr and he raised a fine young man so that says a lot about what kind of man Senior was. Also, when ever I did run into him he always was smiling and made me laugh. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy Brow12:10 PM

    I have known Tom and his family for several years. He was a good husband, father and grandfather. Apart from family, he will be missed by the many people he touched in this community. I appreciate the time I was in his company while he worked on my various projects He not only was a master carpenter but was also a very good and willing teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leland Township Board1:49 PM

    Tom was such an important part of the Leland Township Family. His dedication as Cemetery Sexton was greatly appreciated and we are saddened by his passing.

    ReplyDelete