Back Button

October 18, 2015

 

Jack F. Magaw
Died October 15, 2015
 
NORTHPORT – Jack Franklin Magaw, 77, of Northport, passed away Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015 at his home.
  
Jack was born March 5, 1938 in Portsmouth, OH the son of Frank and Margaret (Syme) Magaw.  On Feb. 3, 1989 in Leland he married Linda Ann (Egerton) Magaw, who survives.
  
Jack graduated from Ohio State University in 1961 and was an avid fan.  He is dearly loved by his wife, children and grandchildren.
  
Jack is survived by his wife, Linda; four children, Jack K. Magaw, Amy Magaw Taylor, Betsy Magaw Jenkins, Polly Magaw (Craig) Keene; and five grandchildren, Kathryn Hodges, Jack Taylor, Erin Jenkins, Andrew Taylor and Sam Jenkins.
  
 He was preceded in death by his parents.
  
 Private family services have been held.
  
Please share memories and condolences with Jack’s family below:



3 comments:

  1. Linda & family - so sorry for your loss. I enjoyed talking with Jack when he came into the NCAC office to buy your season tickets. He was always cheerful and I looked forward to seeing him - Norma Neve

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Loveland7:54 PM

    I am so sorry to hear of Jacks passing. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I worked for Jack as a driver trainer at B.A.T.A when he was a manager there. It was a wonderful experience because he gave me room to grow into the job and encouraged me to trust my instincts. He always told me, "Bill, take them out and Batatize them, then bring them back to me". That phrase lived on at B.A.T.A. long after he retired. Jack was a fine manager, and a fine man. Bill Loveland

    ReplyDelete