Back Button

October 22, 2015


Linda J. Lane
Died October 6, 2015

NORTHPORT – Linda Janet Lane, 78, of Northport, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2015 at Tendercare of Leelanau.  

Linda was born on July 31, 1937, Pontiac, MI, the daughter of Robert and Hope (Rogers) Fenchel. 

Linda will be remembered by all who knew her as a kind and gentle spirit that tread lightly on this earth.  She took great joy in the simplicity and beauty of the natural world surrounding her.  Linda had an innate artistic gift that represented itself in many various mediums her entire life.  She dearly loved the dogs and cats that shared different times of her life, as well as all creatures great and small in existence.

My dear mother always told me, “Love you forever and always”.  I, as her daughter, echo the same to her spirit which will surround me and always be held in my heart.

Linda is survived by her daughter, Kerry M. Emery; grandson, Christopher David Lane; special cousin, Connie Podleski; special friend, Melanie Bowen; and many additional cousins.

She was preceded in death by her parents; and many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Private family services will be held a later date.

Memorials may be directed to Leelanau Twp. Public Library, P.O. Box 235, Northport, MI 49670 and/or to the Cherryland Humane Society, 1750 Ahlberg Road, Traverse City, MI 49686.

Please share memories and condolences with Linda’s family below:

4 comments:

  1. To Linda's knew Bob and Hope, as they were my mom and dad's friends...they were Irv and Leona Francisco. They were all good people. I guess maybe they were related too cuz my moms cousin was either Junie or Charlene Rogers and Edith Farber etc...i'm sure it is hard at this moment, and i am sending prayers... Shelly Francisco Walter

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was with sorrow that I read of Linda's passing. I with I had known that she was in Tender Care. I first knew Linda in our painting group at The Old Art Building in Leland. She was a delightful member, a fine artist, who always had a dimpled smile and fun in her heart. Later I helped her feed Morgan, the neighborhood homeless dog who would not let anyone touch him, yet knew where he was cared for and where to be fed. Linda loved animals, and took care of our cat once. I met Kerry, in Santa Barbara, and wish to extend my condolences especially to you, Kerry, on the passing of your mother. Linda leaves a warm place in my memory and in my heart. Kathie Snedeker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen Sica7:46 PM

    Dear family of Linda's and dear Linda, How I will miss your sweet smile as we chatted in the aisles of Toms in northport. I am so sorry that I did not know you were in Tender care. I am so sad I didn't visit you, dear Linda. Linda, you were an exceptionally "free" artist. I always Admired your spontaneity in painting, as well as your creativity. Best of all, I enjoyed discussing current events as we clogged the aisles in Tom's , both stating to the manager. "We need a cafe here!!" You are and were truly authentic honest person, who walked your talk. I've always admired you and hope I have gleaned a tiny bit fr knowing you. Helen Sica in Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Dear family of Linda, I was very sorry to read of Linda's passing. I got to know her as a customer of mine when I worked at Tom's Market in Northport. She was a very kind and sweet lady. I once bought one of her "kitty watercolors". She was very talented. I was unaware that she was in Tendercare, otherwise I would have visited her. Bless her heart, I know she is a happy spirit in Heaven. In Sympathy, Diana Roubal

    ReplyDelete