Back Button

November 14, 2016

Raymond W. Staudacher Died Oct. 30, 2016



Raymond W. Staudacher
1946 ~ 2016

Raymond William Staudacher, 70, of Lake Leelanau, passed away Sunday, Oct. 30, 2016 at Munson Medical Center.

Raymond was born on Aug. 24, 1946 in Toledo, Ohio, the son of Rev. Raymond C. and Gladys M. (Steffens) Staudacher.

Ray had several jobs throughout his life. He worked in lumber, farming, and small engine repair, a real jack of all trades. We all knew Ray as an outspoken, fun loving, storytelling “character”, who enjoyed spending time with family and friends.

Ray is survived by his siblings, Rev. Ted (Carol) Staudacher, Lois (Glen) Porath, Barb (Al) Buelt, Jon (Kim) Staudacher; and many loving nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents; brothers, Richard Staudacher and three-year-old “Little Lew”; and sister, Stephanie Livingston.

The funeral services will be held on Friday, Nov. 18 at 3 p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Leland, with visitation held one hour prior.  Burial will follow at East Leland Cemetery.  Rev. Joshua LeFeve will officiate.

Memorials may be directed to the Staudacher family, P.O. Box 284, Lake Leelanau, MI 49653.

Please share condolences and memories with the Staudacher family below:

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:45 AM

    Ah Raymie was a one of a kind gentle soul who will be missed. I will be forever grateful to him for a book he gave me. I always knew my Dad picked out my name - Rosalie. But Raymie ran across a book in Aunt Gladys's possessions that was printed in Germany and had my Dad's name inside the front cover. It was a children's book about a little girl named Rosalie! He must have read the book when he was young and liked the name. I will treasure it always and it was so in character for Raymie to gift it to me. Rosalie Herman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Ted Staudacher5:05 PM

      Hi Rosalie!
      Yes, that was typical of brother Ray. He would show me something and many times would say, "This should really go to _________________ (whomever)." Then he'd put it in the mail, at his own expense. And when he'd ask somebody to do
      something for him, he's pay them with a very generous tip. He outlived several doctors' predictions by 5 or 6 years. We
      called him "Our miracle man!" An we'll always be grateful to Nick Martinson for his services for us! See ya later, Ray.
      Love in Christ Jesus,
      Brother Ted

      Delete
  2. Our deepest sympathy to you and your family during this time. Lee Anne and Ron Lawler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our deepest sympathy to you and your family, during this time! Lee Anne and Ron Lawler

    ReplyDelete
  4. My deepest sympathy to Rays family, I just found out Ray passed and its been over a year. I knew Ray about 30 some years and knew he was sick, I would visit in the summer mostly, I had not heard from him in awhile. Your laugh will be missed, and all the great times we would laugh at crazy things going on in the world. I know you are in a better place and out of pain. I think of you often and will miss our chats and hugs..love and sympathy karol weisl.

    ReplyDelete